Monday, March 24, 2008

Neurologist

So, I went to a neurologist today that specializes in sleep disorders. Basically, she told me I am a freak of nature. Ha! Ok, so she didn't say it that way. She said that I am definitely not a textbook case. My symptoms don't clearly indicate any one specific problem. My problem could be narcolepsy, sleep apnea (most likely not this since the CPAP machine didn't offer any help for me), or something else that I don't remember what it is called. I get to do another sleep study in a few weeks called a multiple sleep latency test (MSLT). It is a daytime study where I go and every two hours I'm given the opportunity for a 20 minute nap. I'm not sure what I do for the other hour and 40 minutes. It lasts all day so it should be interesting. I also had more blood drawn. Apparently there is a blood test for narcolepsy. I had no idea! I get to go back and visit with her again in a couple of months. It will be interesting to see what happens.

2 comments:

Julianna said...

I hope they figure something out for you!!!

Dionne said...

Can I pretend I am you on the day of your test and catch up on some lost sleep?