Thursday, September 4, 2008

Here They Come Again

Ok, so I'm sitting here thinking "I really wish my friends would update their blogs!" and I look at my own and see the last time I posted was in the middle of July. That was last week, right?! Where has the time gone? Anyway, when I had my shoulder surgery, I stopped writing down my dreams (it was far too hard to try and type while my right hand was in a sling for 6 weeks). Well, I got out of the habit. The dreams didn't go away, but I forgot to write them down. Last night's dream was far too strange to not write down so hopefully I will get back into the swing of things. At least I can entertain some of you (you can be grateful you're not me!).

Last night’s dream was interesting. I dreamt I had gone to a ward activity of some kind (Enrichment night or something like that). I had asked a friend of mine (Liz Schultz) to help me get to my visiting teaching appointment. I had my own “transportation”, but for some reason I needed her help. Or maybe I just wanted her to follow me and make sure I got there ok. My “transportation” was a small chest of drawers, something like a night stand. I had a lamp on top and some papers. Anyway, I sat on top of this chest and pushed off to get myself going. In the parking lot, I was moving fine, but once I got to the street, I just couldn’t get my “transportation” to work for me. The lamp was falling over and I was dropping papers everywhere and I just couldn’t get the thing to go! Liz and I talked for a little while and decided it really would be easier if we had a rope that we could tie around my “transportation” and pull me to where I needed to me. Alas, we did not have a rope and so that was not a viable solution. At that point we gave up and I told her I would figure out how to get to where I needed to be.

Well, I ended up at a house where I some of my nephews were (Nate and his brothers). I went to hang out in the backyard with my dog, Bullwinkle. My nephews were laughing and joking and asked me if I wanted to see something funny. Sure! They got together a bunch of crushed up fruit loops and started screeching really high and then they ran inside. This made me a little nervous since I was still sitting outside. A few seconds later hundreds of chipmunks came running to the fruit loops to eat them. I was swarmed. I decided to let Bullwinkle go to see what he would do. He ran towards the big group of chipmunks and then stopped, cocked his head to the side, and just sniffed them. I was really worried about them attacking Bullwinkle and giving him some sort of disease. I started to hustle to get the dogs in the house so I would have to worry about them. I got Bullwinkle in ok and then I was looking for Rocky. In the process of looking I noticed one of the chipmunks (a very large one) happened to have on a collar and a leash. Weird! This must be someone’s pet chipmunk! It seemed kind of worried as well. It was so kind though and helped me herd Rocky into the house. The problem was trying to keep all the chipmunks outside. We got Rocky in and this “pet” chipmunk tried to come in as well. As we hurried and slammed the door, it turns out I got the “pet” chipmunk caught so he was half in the house and half out – underneath the door. Yes, he was squished. Luckily in my dream he was very “flexible” and this didn’t kill him. I opened the door and he was fine. We pushed him back outside. I felt kind of bad because he had helped get Rocky inside, but I didn’t know anything else about this “pet” chipmunk and didn’t want to risk having him in the house. Talking to my nephews, it was actually a ferret that belonged to their neighbor.

And that’s all I remember………

3 comments:

Julianna said...

I love the new background!!! So cute!

Here goes my dream analysis:
Squirrel (couldn't find chipmunk)

To see squirrels running around, signifies that you are involved in a loveless or pointless relationship or an unprofitable business project. Squirrels also refers to the act of hoarding. It could either mean that you need to reserve something or it could indicate that you are retaining too much and need to learn to let go.

Lamp

To see a lamp in your dream, symbolizes guidance, hope, inspiration, enlightenment and reassurance.

To see a dimly-lit or unlit lamp in your dream, signifies that you are being overwhelmed by emotional issues. You have lost your ability to find your own way.

Lamppost

To see a lamppost in your dream, denotes that someone who you least expect will prove to be a great friend in your time of need.

Lampshade

To see a lamp shade in your dream, indicates a need for protection form some intense energy or power. You may be trying to hide or be less noticeable.

Paper

To see a blank white paper in your dream, signifies your desire to make a fresh start in your life. It may represent you desire to express yourself through writing or art. You need to work on being more communicative.

To see a stack of papers in your dream, denotes overwhelming responsibilities and stress that you are having to cope with.

Drawers

To see drawers in your dream, signifies your inner and hidden state and being. So a disorderly drawer represents internal chaos and turmoil while an orderly drawer signifies order.

Mike, Jules, Gabee and Izee said...

Oh My Hilarious, Trina... Your dreams are hysterical!! I can't wait to read another one... The squirrel caught in the middle of the door actualy made me laugh out loud.

Isn't is strange... When you are dreaming, everything seems so actual.. Like, it is weird that it is happening, but, you don't really question it..

Mike, Jules, Gabee and Izee said...

P.S. Julianna, if I ever have a dream, I am calling you immediately!!!