Sunday, February 15, 2009

In a Funk

I know I haven't updated for a while, but I really don't have much to say. After all, it is just me and the "boys". The boys got shaved yesterday so they are both just shadows of their former selves. I probably should have waited a while longer before I had them shaved. They are both pretty cold. Thank goodness for sweaters!

So, lately I have been in a bit of a funk. I'm not sure why. Things at work are going well. I just don't really want to be there. I don't want to do anything -- not even things I usually enjoy. I usually love playing racquetball, but right now I have to force myself to go. Of course, once I get playing, I generally enjoy it. I don't feel like reading or anything else I usually love to do all the time. I guess I'm suffering a bit from depression again. My sleeping meds aren't working quite as well as they were when I first started taking them. I'm just tired of being so very tired. I'm trying not to dwell on it so much, but obviously right now is not one of those times. :) Really, everything is fine. I have a good job that I enjoy. I have a beautiful home (that needs a good cleaning). I have the cutest dogs ever that love me in spite of me. I have fabulous neighbors. I need to find a way out of this funk!

I've started a new night time routine. By 7:00 pm, I am off of the computer. I have been recording some Women's Conference talks and Education week talks (I love BYUTV!). I listen to those for a while. I read my scriptures and then head to bed. I was hoping this might help the sleep, but nope. The past four or five nights have been terrible! Oh well. I'm not going to give up yet.

2 comments:

The Purds said...

Yeah! Trina updated her blog! Sorry you've been in a funk...hope you're feeling better soon. We're still coming out on the 8th of April!!! Love you!

Dionne said...

Trina!
My darling dear. We need to come visit you. (And not just because you're having the blues, but because it's been forever.) Two days ago when I picked Madeline up from school, she started crying. When we got to the car, I asked her what was wrong, and she was like, "I want to see Bullwinkle." What the heck? I was like, "Bullwinkle?" And she's like, "Yeah. I want to go to Trina's RIGHT NOW." It was so random. But she's right!