Sunday, December 21, 2008

Small Miracles

So, on the sleep front.... I went to see the doctor about a month ago as a follow up to the psychologist I saw. He was a bit concerned when I told him I constantly thought about taking whole bottles of pills at once in order to try and sleep. (As a side note, I'm truly grateful for the small fragment of sanity that always stayed with me....otherwise I would have followed through with taking one of those bottles.) Anyway, the doctor said that we really needed to make me sleep (NO DUH!) and so he put me on an anti-psychotic med (Zyprexa) that would hopefully calm my brain enough to make me sleep. Funny enough, my dreams have been more vivid than ever (I'm sorry, I have forgotten to write them down -- I will try to remember). I still feel like I don't sleep well and I still have a hard time getting up in the morning, BUT I do feel better during the day. I feel somewhat rested and able to handle my day. I do feel the slow down in my brain from the meds, but overall I'm feeling a bit better. I'm hoping to find a different, permanent solution (rather than drugs), but I'm truly grateful for what I have so far. I'll take it! I want to thank all those who have sent their prayers my way. I'm seeing small miracles along the way and I appreciate it!

No comments: