Sunday, October 12, 2008

Better Late Than Never

I had my basement finished over the summer. I LOVE IT! I've een waiting for it to be "perfect" -- put together and clean, before I took pictures, but I realized that just isn't going to happen any time soon, so here they are. This first picture is in my "entertainment center" area. Both couches recline (and boy are the comfy!).
Here is a shot of the entertainmnet center. I had my cabinets custom built. They turned out so beautiful! I had cabinets put in my laundry room as well, but I didn't take pictures of that yet. It is far too messy! That's where I put the excess "stuff" when I was taking these pictures. :) Here's my vanity. I ordered it from Costco. The contractor told me it would be much cheaper that way, since I had already found one I liked. I ordered a matching mirror, but it was shattered in shipping. I found this medicine cabinet at Lowe's and it matches perfectly. It's kind of a tight squeeze, but that's ok. I should have taken a close up of the faucet. It is so cool! It is like a watering trough. You'll have to see it in person! :) I am not including a picture of the shower because, well, it's a shower. Same with the toilet. Nothing exciting to see (very exciting to have!).
Opposite the entertainment center, I have a small wet bar and then room for my game table (currently filled with "stuff"). The box is my microwave waiting for someone to install it. The big "pillows" are love sacs slowly "poofing" up.

This is the wet bar. The hole above the sink is for the microwave. Thanks to my friend Kathy who suggested I put the wet bar between the two doors. I love it! It turned out so fabulously. Through the door on the right, there is a bedroom. I didn't take a picture of it since it's just an empty room right now. I am very happy with the outcome of the basement finish. I ran out of money (so Christmas trips for me), but it is well worth it. I will be enjoying this basement for many years to come. I hope to share it with any friends that want to come over!

3 comments:

Jessica Simonsen Howard said...

Great job on the basement, now you can just watch my kids at your house (hahahahaha). It really looks nice.

Rik said...

This looks SO good!!

Dionne said...

Wow. I can't wait to come and see it in person!