Thursday, June 19, 2008

Anyone Know Where We're Going?

Ok, so my friends and I headed out on Wednesday to go to Montana for another friends wedding.  I reserved the hotel rooms so I thought it was only right that I figure out how to get to them.  We decided to split our trip into two pieces (my friends have two small kids), which left us staying the night in Idaho Falls.  The Pinecrest Inn was ok and we had a decent night (at least if you call falling asleep at 2:00 am and waking up everything 30 minutes a decent night -- but I have sleeping issues anyway).

Well, today we headed out towards Bozeman, Montana, our destination.  We have all been to Bozeman before, but it has been a while.  So, after we have been in the car for about 30 minutes or more, I asked if they knew how to get to Bozeman.  Hmmmmmmmm..................  I erroneously assumed (yes, I know what happens when you assume) that the driver would have a map and would have figured out where we were going.  Nope.  They asked if I had a map.  Nope.  So, I called our friend that we were coming to see and in the midst of laughing, I asked her how we were supposed to get to Bozeman.  She asked if we spent the night in Idaho Falls. Yes.  Have you already started on your way.  Yes.  Well, I think Idaho Falls is where you need to go to get to West Yellowstone.  Oops.  We had been going long enough to make it silly to turn around and go back.  Our friends fiance called us back and told us that it really would be best to go through Idaho Falls, but that if we went up to Butte and then cut over, we could still get to Bozeman, though it would take longer.  Well, not enough longer to make it worth turning around!  We kept pushing along and actually made it to Bozeman in about the time it would have taken the other way.  It just wasn't as pretty.  We are here safe and sound.  Yea!

Amazingly, the kids did quite well in the car.  We did have a few crying spells, but they were pretty minor compared to the length of the car rides.  Going home on Sunday will be interesting since we are going the whole way that day.  We may have to stop a few times....

Anyway, tonight we went to a bridal shower for our friend, Kelly, who is getting married.  We are so excited for her!  The wedding is on Saturday.  I feel bad because I'm not very helpful in getting her ready for the wedding (she's doing pretty much everything herself).  It's really inconvenient to have only one functional arm (due to shoulder surgery -- a story for later).  

2 comments:

Jessica Simonsen Howard said...

glad you made it. We just got back from Texas and I am not ready to do that drive again.

Julianna said...

It's nice to see you blogging again! We were right behind you on Thursday....I saw Bozeman signs everywhere. You probably drove right past our campground. :)