Thursday, February 21, 2008

Cheating

Last night I dreamt that a couple of my students were cheating during the test. I would look up and they would have their heads together talking about the problems. I was furious! I went back and picked up their tests and compared them. There were a few problems that were, word for word, the same. I crossed them out and put a big zero on those problems. One of the students just accepted the fact that he had been caught, but the other student started arguing with me. He said he was just helping his friend get started, but I told him that was the point of the test. The test had to be done by the individual. Agh! I was so mad. The student kept arguing about it. I finally grabbed his face so he had to look right at me and told him that he was cheating – end of story. Well, he got really upset and went to talk to my boss about it. My boss came in to talk to me and he wanted to ask the class what had happened. The student claimed that what I had said and done was inappropriate. A “survey” was set up for the next morning to get feedback from other students. I was looking forward to getting the survey done so my boss would know I was not wrong. I woke up prior to the resolution of the problem.

The crazy thing about this dream is that both students are currently in one of my classes and both are good students. In my dream I knew that cheating wasn’t something that they would do, which I think is why I was so upset about the whole thing. I couldn’t figure out why they had cheated in the first place.

2 comments:

Guinevere said...

So many new posts. I've not kept up. This latest dream is a good one. Can't wait to see what's around the corner (you probably can though)! THANKS again for all your help on the science experiments! You are a gem!!

Julianna said...

You always seem angry or upset about something in your dreams. Do you have a pent up aggression that you need to release? Dreams are facinating to me and I love that you are blogging yours! You know I will be anaylizing them all of the time!