Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Last night......

I started out getting ready for a wedding. It wasn’t until later in the day, but I had to go to school first. Randy and I were “arguing” over who got to use the bathroom first. I needed to shower and get to school so I won. When I went to a class I was in (physical science) where we took and corrected a test. When we were correcting the test, I realized that we only corrected 25 questions, but there were many more than 25 questions. The problems were numbered 1 – 18 and then it started over and went from 1 – 14. There were a whole bunch of different number sequences. So, I was asking our teacher (who turned out to be a TA instead of the actual instructor) which answers we had actually been given. I also asked what the correct answers were to the other questions. He wouldn’t tell me the correct answers because he said they weren’t important (I don’t think he knew the correct answers). I got into a bit of a tiff with him over how terrible the test was. I told him that he should have proof-read his test before giving it to us. He said he didn’t write the test, the instructor did. I told him he should have helped proof-read it before he handed it out. He asked if I was mad at him. I said yes because he was the one that gave me the test. Whether he was the original author or not didn’t matter to me. I was so upset. Some of the other students were asking me what the correct answers were. I told them what I thought they were, but that the TA wouldn’t tell me.

I left class and headed back to my office. Meanwhile, my hair was driving me crazy. I lost one of my hair ties and my hair just needed help. I was so frustrated and just wanted to talk to someone. I went to look for Jonathan (one of my coworkers), but I couldn’t find him. I thought maybe he was in the tutoring center so I went and looked there. It turns out that the tutoring center had moved to a new room, which turned out to be our lab room. I was then getting more frustrated because I wanted to know where our lab room went to. They had moved our labs up to the 3rd floor and commandeered the lab room for the tutor center. I was glad the tutoring center was doing so well, but I was frustrated that they moved the labs. I went around to all of the rooms looking for our lab coordinator, Sharon, and for my coworker Jonathan. They were busy taking care of other things. When I went back to the tutoring center, it turned out it was also the cafeteria. A lot of people were eating lunch and others were coming in for meetings. I was trying to tell them it was now the tutoring center. They were more concerned about being able to get lunch. The room was big enough for everyone to be in there, so I decided I didn’t really need to kick anyone out. I stopped by to say hi to a few people, but didn’t stay long anywhere. I went back to the lab room and there were a few of my concurrent enrollment instructors there so I had to go apologize for not visiting their classes a second time last semester. I finally went back to my office. I still really wanted to talk to someone, but I decided that that wasn’t going to happen. I sat down to write down my dreams for the night (apparently the whole TA thing was a dream in my dream). Then, the alarm clock went off…………. I woke up with all of the frustrations I was feeling all night long. I hope I don’t bite any heads off today!

No comments: